Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Winter...Summer...Where was Spring?



Last week, it snowed again in Aspen. On Wednesday, May 14th, we got almost 6" of new snow in town. Yesterday, May 19th, it was over 80 degrees and this week's forecast is much of the same. Most years we get at least a couple of weeks of Spring, but not this year. I think Spring took a vacation and decided not to visit Aspen.

Despite the crazy fluctuation in the weather, we have been able to do a lot of biking and bbq'ing. Saturday was the annual Ride for the Pass (Bryant and I met for the first time at the start of this race 2 years ago!). Regan Construction hosts an annual oysters and volleyball party. I will upload the pictures from the party as soon as I remember to bring my camera to work.

Sunday we had several couples over for a southern feast of gumbo, collard greens, corn on the bbq and awesome espresso chocolate cake (thank you Andee!!!). It was fun to see everyone again and finally entertain a group larger than 6 people at our little house.

Thursday, my cousin Kelly and her hubby arrive for a long weekend! I can't wait to see her and Ben and spend time with them! Her mom, Aunt Laura and her good friend, Robyn drove through Aspen last week and we were able to see them briefly. I am excited for her to come back in July!

This week is shaping up to be productive at work. As many of you know, I ran a small bed and breakfast in town called the Little Red Ski Haus. Gary, my boss, just listed it for sale as a single family home for $10,750,000!!! I don't think my relationship with that property will ever end!

Until the next adventure,

Becs

No comments: