Blueberry French Toast Casserole with Blueberry Sauce
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
12 Slices day-old bread (I used a french loaf)
16oz Cream cheese
1 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
2 cups milk (I used whole because that is what we have on hand for Brooks)
1/3 cup maple syrup
1. Cut bread into 1" cubes. Place half of the cubes in a buttered 12x9x2" glass baking dish
2. Cut cream cheese into 1" cubes and layer on top of the bread. Top with blueberries and remaining bread.
3. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, milk, and syrup. Pour over the bread mixture. Use a spatula to press ingredients down into the liquid and make sure all of the bread pieces are coated.
4. Cover the pan with foil and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Remove 30 minutes prior to baking. Preheat oven to 350
5. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake until the top is golden brown and mixture is set in the center, about 25-30 minutes.
6. Serve with Blueberry Sauce
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Makes: 1.5 cups
1/2 cup Sugar
1 TBS Cornstarch
1/2 c water
1/2 c fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
1 tsp Nutmeg
1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add water and boil for 3 minutes.2. Add berries and simmer until they burst, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in nutmeg.