Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cleaning Up and Cleaning Out...

This weekend wasn't as adventurous as most, although Thursday night I went to see Mama Mia with my good friends Emily and Lindsay. It was such a great movie! I think it is the Grease of our generation.

Friday night Bryant and I stayed in, and on Saturday we woke up and went into Aspen. I walked the farmer's market, while Bryant worked out at the gym. I found the cutest swim suit for our trip to Hawaii in October. I was walking Mali along the Cooper Street Mall and looked in the Helly Hansen window. Mind you, as many women will probably agree, swimsuit shopping can be absolute torture, a reminder of every single frappocino, and scoop of icecream you indulged in and shouldn't have. I spotted this great red bikini with white stitching. I went it and realized it was the last one in the store. I thought for sure it would be a size xxs or xxl since it was so cute. I looked at the tag, and it was my size, however, my scepticism still rose as swimsuit sizing is far from universal. I went into the dressing room with low hopes of it fitting. However, not only did it fit, but it felt like it looked great (I needed a second opinion). I got home and tried it on for BR, and low and behold, he loves it! YIPPY! That was far less painful than I ever imagined!

Saturday evening we went to Trev and Amy's for spaghetti dinner. It is always nice to go down and hang out with my munchkins.

Sunday, we woke up early and Bryant went on a bike ride, and Mali and I went for a run. We went to church and then down to Glenwood for an adventure at Target and the Vitamin Cottage. My eyes have been opened to the world of organic products. My family will probably protest this new finding, but I have been reading a lot about what we blindly put into and onto our bodies. So, if you look in our shower, you will find organic hair products, soaps and lotions. The next step is to get natural/organic makeup and moisturizer. It is a big challenge to rotate through all of our old stuff and replace it with the new, but we are almost there.

I read a great book this weekend, but hesitate to share the title as it could be considered inappropriate or worse, completely misinterpreted...I will give it a shot with an explanation...it is called Skinny Bitch. I know what you are thinking, "why would anyone EVER read a book with that title?" Well, I promise you I have not become a shallow narcissist. A girl at work read it and thought I would enjoy what the authors had to say...and I did. They admit in the book that the title was a mere attempt to sell books, and they did. It is a NYT #1 Bestseller.

It basically explains the function of the body and it's reaction to certain foods. I am not going vegetarian, but I am going to try to lay off dairy for a while...especially since cheese is a major staple in my diet. No cheese or any dairy for 30 days. Yesterday was day 1, and it was pretty easy. Surprisingly the stores around here have amazing alternatives. I will keep you posted on my progress/regress on this adventure. If you have read any of my previous posts, you know my natropathic doctor recommended that I avoid cheese anyway.

I forgot to mention that Bryant and I also cleaned out almost all of the closets in the house. When we moved in, we "cleaned" and "organized" by shoving everything we didn't want to deal with in a closet. So, in an effort to actually settle into our house we cleaned.

We have friends coming in from Chicago today. Big D and Caryn Blanke and their new baby boy, Daniel. We are really looking forward to spending time with them.

Until the next adventure,

B

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Becca--I use a great line of organic facial products called MyChelle. I honestly had problem skin until I started using it, and now my skin is just dandy. Plus, the company is based outside of Boulder. You can't go wrong!