Saturday, August 28, 2010

Guemes Island

The view of Mt. Baker at sunrise from Guemes Island Resort


There is a small island in the San Juans that my dad's family has been visiting since 1962. My Grandpa Everett started taking his eight kids to the Guemes Island Resort on vacation, and someone from the Everett family has been back every summer since.

This summer we had the opportunity to go back for a week and meet my entire immediate family along with some extended family and dear family friends. There were close to twenty people in our group. We had such a great week, crabbing, skipping rocks, playing horse shoes and cribbage, laughing and reminiscing.

Amy Jo took a large group photo and the amazing shot of the sunrise our first morning. I will post more pictures when I upload mine, too.

No comments: