Thursday, April 9, 2009

Still Preggo

Thank goodness for Facebook. With out the little update line, it would be so much harder to keep you all posted on any progress with our labor, or lack there of in our case.

After trying pretty much every trick in the book yesterday...yes, every trick, I had a few contractions, but nothing notable enough to call the midwife. I went to bed with an uncomfortable stomach (probably from the caster oil), and woke up around 1:00am with 2 big contractions, and nothing more.

Today, I stayed home from work and met Amy Jo for coffee in Basalt, then drove to Carbondale to meet my Acupuncturist at his house. Nancy, our midwife, said to try this, and if it doesn't work, we are going to take a break for a few days because, LB is obviously not ready to come out yet.

So, here I am, at home with 8 needles in my accupressure points, which include my ankels, feet and two on my hands. They are tiny and look like the wart removal bandaids. I have again, had a few contractions, went on a walk with my friend Emily, and will see where we go from here.

It was hard to start doing all of these "tricks" because I am an all or nothing kind of gal. I knew once the ball started rolling, I wouldn't want to stop until the goal was met (meeting our son), but I am also reminded regularly, that God is in control, and has his birthday already picked out. So, despite the full moon and major barometric change tonight, if he doesn't come tonight, he wasn't meant to.

Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers, calls and comments. They all mean so muh to us.

The Ragans

No comments: