Monday, June 23, 2008

Another great weekend in Aspen

Our first summer thunderstorm pounded through the valley last night. These are a near daily occurrence in the summer here. Because we are surrounded by 14ers (mountains over 14,000 feet elevation), the sound of the thunder echos through the valley. It is pretty incredible.

Besides that, the weather all weekend was too beautiful to waste a second inside. Friday night my little buddy, Claritza, who is 14 invited me to the Jazz Aspen Snowmass Festival. A local DJ, who is also a big buddy gave her patron tickets. The face value of these tickets is $400. I was so excited and honored that she asked me to join her. Included with these tickets is a 3 course meal catered by Syzygy, parking across the street from the venue and 3rd row seats for Manhattan Transfer and Anita Baker. It was a great experience. The highlight for me was when Claritza ate an appetizer that was a small piece of filet topped with foi gras. I waited until after she ate it and told me how much she loved it until I told her what foi gras actually is. The look on her face was priceless. I love her to death. It was the perfect setting for her to enjoy her first concert!

Saturday afternoon, Bryant and I were taking a break on the couch when Mali came over and was begging for some scratches. Bryant proceeded to scratch and pinch her (for those of you who have spent more than 10 minutes with a Ragan, you know these pinches and the face that accompanies them...see the picture below as example A of the Ragan pinch face).

On Sunday Bryant and I and Dave and Emily went to Ella in Carbondale for brunch. Our friend Jackie, who is 5 months preggo joined us. The food was amazing and the company even better. Later that night, BR and I went to Dave and Em's for Sunday night family dinner. Their little girl, Siena was such a crack up. She was doing these massive flip turns on the couch and then landing in Bryant's lap. What a flirt!

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

Until the next adventure,

Becca



No comments: