Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Naturopathic Doctor

So, yesterday I went to see a naturopathic doctor to see if he can help me balance out my stomach issues that have dealt with since high school. He did several tests to conclude that I have a sensitivity to wheat and cheese. Great. There goes the days of binging on Italian dinners of pasta and cheese. The key factor is that I don't have to eliminate them forever, I just need to practice moderation. However, I do have to eliminate all wheat for 2 weeks. This is proving to be a major challenge for me. Last night, mind you the first night of my no wheat challenge, we went to Trev and Amy's for Khloe's 5th birthday party. The menu: Pizza and chocolate cake. Yippy (with heavy sarcasm). I scraped the toppings off the pizza, leaving the moist, yummy crust on the tray. No cake for me, so Bryant had my piece instead.

In the end, I have come to the conclusion, that no wheat for me means healthier choices. Maybe I will lose the few extra pounds I have gained in my freshman year of marriage. I am taking 2 herbal supplements to help my body function more effectively. I will let you know how everything goes.

Until the next crazy idea...

Becca

No comments: