Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Joys of Parenting

Last night Bryant and I went to an event for Challenge Aspen at the Wheeler Opera House in Aspen.
We had a rough time finding a sitter, but finally nailed down a great gal, whom we both know very well. I am not going to share her name, because we want to use her again and again. But, this story, I have to tell. Maybe you can relate???
She has watched the Everett's in the past and we know her parent's really really well.
We were very confident in her skills...
Until she started walking away with Brooks.
As she wheeled him off, she was pushing our Graco stroller backward down the walking mall. (It is one of the frames that the car seat snaps right into...so she was using the carseat bar as the handle).
I thought to myself, 'she must be trying to get the stoller out of the way before she turns it around,' as it was a little crowded where we were sitting.
But I was wrong. She continued walking.
I laughed. Hard. Tears were rolling down my face.
Bryant asked if we should go and tell her, but I said, 'no, she'll figure it out.'
And sure enough, when we picked Brooks up, she was using the correct handle.
Oh the joys of parenthood.

No comments: