Thursday, October 15, 2009

I Hate...Hate...Nights

So, last night was a doozey...A major test of my mommy skills and patience. In fact, I hate nights. I fear nights. I need sleep. Lots of uninterrupted sleep.

On a good note, Brooks is on the verge of sleeping through the night.
No more feedings...but, probably close to 15 trips to his crib to put his bink back in his mouth.

I know, all you mommy experts out there are judging my skills right now because after all, according to every book he should have been sleeping through the night months ago.

You're right. But, when you have to bring your infant to the office 50+ hours a week, it is essential he sleep as long and hard during the day as possible, therefore, his night sleep schedule has totally suffered. At least he is not sleeping in our bed any more... baby steps here, people. Literally.

Back to last night. Bryant has a horrible chest cold, so he went to bed around 8:30.
In order to be proactive and try to get in some quality sleep, I went to bed at 9:30.

The baby started his binky war around 11:30.
By 12:30, he finally fell asleep for good.

As I shuffled back to bed, I heard the dog meandering around downstairs, but figured she was up because I was up.

Wrong. I woke around 12:45 to the awful smell of dog diet gone wrong.

My stairs were the blast zone for the bombs.

I was up until about 1:30 scrubbing the carpet.

As I went back to bed, I realized I was too wound up to sleep, so I watched Private Practice on my Iphone...and started into Grey's...and finally...finally...dozed to sleep sometime between 2:30-3:00.

At 5:45 the babes woke up crying, ready for his breakfast.

I went to show a house at 8:30, and stopped back by our house on my way to the office to feed Brooks again. As I sat on the couch, I noticed another pile of goods left from the dog.

The first tear fell.

My conclusion: I need a solid, full, long, day at the spa...or a two week vacation to somewhere warm...and sunny, with a nanny and a full staff of people to take care of me.

Probably not going to happen. But, a girl can dream.

1 comment:

Kim W. said...

I am so sorry, but I am laughing so hard it's not even funny! I thought I was gonna die from laughter when you said dog diet gone wrong and then your stairs being the blast for the bombs. HA!!! I am so sorry. You poor thing! I hope that tonight is MUCH better, and that YES, you get MUCH NEEDED SLEEP! As far as a 2 week vacation, let me know when and where, and I'll be there...I'd love to have a full staff of people to be at my every beck and call, too! ;) And oh yeah, keep on fighting that paci war! I was "one of those" who did the whole BabyWise thing and was successful at it, but ya know, it's not meant for everyone, and Brooks might be one of those. You're doing great! Keep doing what you think is best! Love ya girly!