Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baby Week 17

Today marks the first day of week 17. Things continue to change around my waist line, but my energy has returned in leaps and bounds. It is so nice to come home and actually have energy to clean and do projects rather than just plop on the couch and rest all evening. Bryant and I are anxiously awaiting our December 4th appointment, so much so that I bought a fetal doppler. So far, I can't find the heart beat, but that doesn't make me nervous, I just don't know what I am doing yet. We only have to wait three more weeks from tomorrow, but it seems like an eternity.

This week baby is 5" long from the top of his/her head to the bottom of their rump, about the size of an open hand. The baby also starts hearing noises, these are mostly strong white noises from inside my body, but he/she can also hear the muffled sound of what is going on outside. So, what does that mean for me? I have started (continued) singing to him/her at the top of my lungs on our way to and from work everyday, and Bryant talks to baby through my belly several times a day if not much more. There is so much to share with him/her that we don't even know where to begin.:)

Here is a picture of what our baby looks like this week, he/she is actually starting to look more and more like a little person:


For more information on the growth and development of baby Ragan this week, check out What to Expect Week 17.

On another exciting note, one of Bryant's colleagues' wife went into labor today. I imagine she has a long day ahead of her as she checked in this morning at 3cm dialated. They are having a boy, and we can't wait to meet baby Buckingham.

No comments: