Friday, November 28, 2008

So Thankful



Amy Jo and I infront of our feast after a long day of cooking and fun.


Yesterday was crazy, but in a really relaxing, low stress crazy kind of way. Bryant and I woke up around 8:00 and I immediately started cooking. I prepped the turkey and stuffing and baked two pies before we left the house with a car full of food and cooking gadgets on our way to Trev and Amy's. We stopped by a friend's house to pick up a bakery made pumpkin pie (a very last minute Thanksgiving request from my husband), and finally made it to the Everett's around 1:00pm. The turkey was in the oven by 2:00 and we were in the middle of a crazy cooking circus! By 6:00, the turkey was resting, and the food prepped. I was so anxious to taste the turkey as this was my first in about 6 years and that one was horrible. However, much to our surprise, the turkey was perfect. It was probably one of the best we have ever tasted, in fact everything was the best we have ever tasted! Thanksgiving dinner was a success! (On a side note, I used Martha Stewart's Perfect Roast Turkey Recipe and brined it per her instruction for 36 hours. The turkey was organic, free range and fresh...oh so good!)

As we sat around the dinner table passing around the food and filling our plates, we went around the table saying what we are thankful for this year. Here is a sample:

Khloe (age 5): Turkey and food (which she rarely eats anyway)
Kyla (age 7): Family
Karsyn (age 9): Family and food

This blog would be too long if I tried to list the many things I am thankful for this year, but first on my list is my family. We are so blessed to be surrounded by incredible family members who are not only our parents, cousins, and siblings, but best friends too. I am also thankful for our bun in the oven, and a healthy easy pregnancy so far. I am thankful for my husband, who is my number one here on earth, and the many adventures and exciting things the Lord has allowed over the last 2.5 years since He brought us together. I am thankful for my job and the many doors it has opened and blessing that have come from it.

And today, I am thankful for the dumping of snow that we woke up to. The Roaring Fork Valley is covered in a blanket of white. I couldn't rewrite a better day to put up our tree and decorate for Christmas (after work).

So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, thank you to you, for your continued support, prayers and friendship. We are truly grateful and feel absolutely blessed to have you in our lives.

Our Sincere Thanks,

Becca, Bryant, Baby, and Mali Burger

The view from our back porch this morning, looking toward Aspen.

No comments: