Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow...


This morning we woke up to about 5" of fresh snow in Woody Creek. It is a really wet and heavy snow, but we will take what we can get. The women's FIS Worldcup race will be held on Aspen Mountain the weekend after Thanksgiving, and it is always a sprint to get enough snow on the hill before the racers arrive from all over the world.

With the snow comes talk of the holidays. On our way home from dropping the girls off at DIA to fly back to Washington, Amy Jo and I were overcome with guilt that we hadn't bought our husbands anything in the midst of all of the insane shopping we did over the weekend. So, we stopped at Bass Pro Shop and picked up a few manly gifts. The store had unveiled their holiday decor and displays that day. There was Christmas music blaring and trees and decorations everywhere. On our way home we had several long discussions about what we should do for the holidays this year, as this will be our first "at home" Christmas as a big family since they moved here 2 years ago. I think we came up with some good ideas and I am really excited!

So in light of the snow and holiday talk, I have changed the background of my blog to a more wintery scene. Afterall, it is only 2 weeks to Thanksgiving when I finally get to trim our(much to my dismay...fake) tree and pull out the Christmass itunes.

Bryant and I are going to Myrtle Beach in early December to celebrate both Thanksgiving and Christmas with his family, and about a week after we get back home, my parents arrive in Aspen to help us celebrate Christmas. I am really looking forward to this holiday season...Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Partly because it is always an amazing experience in Aspen, but mostly because we should know the sex of baby Ragan by then, and we are that much closer to meeting the little bean.

No comments: