Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunshine + Skiing = Colorado

Today the sun is shining and it is so warm we ate lunch outside. This is really rare for November in Aspen, but we will take it, especially since I know we will be mostly confined to our offices/homes by the snow in the near future. Ski season is right around the corner and I am really looking forward to hitting the slopes this season despite having to modify my skiing style. :)

Staying home while everyone skis late in the season is going to be very hard for me this year, but at least, per my midwife, I can ski until I can't find clothes to fit anymore,which will hopefully be most of the season. I will just have to take it easier, which will also be hard. Bryant and I discussed the preliminary ski "rules" yesterday. No more fast skiing, no bumps, nothing extreme. I will definately have to watch my back for the psychotic beginners going mock 5 down the hill completely out of control.:) I am very grateful to live in a place where pregnancy isn't considered a medical condition and most adventurous activities are highly encouraged.

We are nearly finished with week 17, which is really hard to believe. Only 2 more weeks until we find out the flavor (hopefully). We are continually praying for everything to be normal and healthy. I feel great, and my energy level is still high, but I spent about 2 hours on my hands and knees scrubbing our floors yesterday and hurt in places I didn't know I had. Youch.

Thanks for checking in.

Best,

Becca & Baby

No comments: