Thursday, January 13, 2011

Another Weekly Update

So, we have hit the infamous Aspen milestone of 36 weeks. Which really only means that if I were to deliver early, I wouldn't be sent on a one way jet ride to Denver to deliver Caleb because his lungs should be matured enough to handle living at 8,000+ft. That is relieving! But, I am still comfortable, and apparently, so is he.

We saw our midwife yesterday and she did an ultrasound check and I am still the same...1cm and barely effaced. This pregnancy has been much easier from the start to stay within the "ideal" weight gain which has made this home stretch much more doable. I will still be on the higher side, but not nearly where I was when I delivered Brooks thanks to the water retention from preclampsia... But, when I struggled to put my socks on today I did start to look forward to not being pregnant for the first time.

Although coffee, chocolate (sweets in general) and cheese were staples in my diet up until two weeks ago, our church is doing the Daniel Fast (eating only what comes from the seed...fruit, veggies and whole grains) for 21 days. Because I felt lead to and in an effort to support Bryant I am participating too, but adding in protein (fish, chicken & yogurt). The good news is in the last two weeks I have actually lost 1/2 lb by cutting out those "c's," and I feel really healthy too. I do have to fight off the "I am cheating myself and not taking advantage of being pregnant" thoughts when I am seriously craving a chocolate chip macadamia nut, coconut cookie from Roxy's, but other than that, it has been pretty easy to do. Oh and I can't not mention my daily craving for a cup of coffee...or better yet a latte from Starbucks, especially when grocery shopping, but it is all for a great cause.

We have had a serious bout of colds/flu this winter so far, which is so much different than my pregnancy with Brooks. I wasn't sick once with him with the exception of being really stuffy the first six weeks of his pregnancy, but I think that was allergies. I got a cold the day BR left for South Africa in October, had another really bad cold over Christmas, got the flu (or ate something really bad) a few days later and am just getting over another head cold now. So in an effort to destroy this seemingly ongoing trend, we are doing the only thing I did different in my last pregnancy, we finally bought Greens First, a veggie/fruit supplement that I took every day last time. So, hopefully with prayer and greens we will all be healthy and ready to meet Caleb in a couple of weeks.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support with regard to the sale of our house. Things seem to keep going smoothly with the process. We are set to close in mid February, about ten days after my due date, and thank you, Lord, I have total peace with everything happening at once. In fact, I am pretty excited about all of it. It will be a good way to keep my mind off the end of the pregnancy and I will be able to spend my days in March/April getting settled where ever we land...oh yeah, and we don't know where we are going yet either. But, like I said, I am at total peace that it is all going to work out and someday, Caleb will have a perfectly decorated room to himself, but for now, his bassinet will have to do.

We have weekly appointments scheduled with our midwife until we deliver, so I will keep updating on any...if any...progress.

Until then, we are going to get away for a quick babymoon and enjoy some alone time (my first night without Brooks...pray for me!)

XOXO,

Becs and the boys

2 comments:

Coleson & Tate said...

good heavens! you need a night away from brooks before another comes. enjoy!

Kim said...

You are so cute! I just love reading what you have to say. It's not too much longer... :)