Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Showered...

My sister in law, Amy Jo hosted a beautiful and perfect shower for baby Caleb and me last night.  I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such incredible women who love the Lord and are a great support system.

As a surprise she had asked several women from my Bible study and church to come early and share a verse of encouragement and pray over the end of my pregnancy, my delivery and baby Caleb.  It was incredible.  They are incredible.  Amy Jo is incredible.  I am blessed beyond measure.

Here are some of the verses they shared:

Exodus 1: 18-20 "Hebrew women are not like Egyptian women; they are vigorous and give birth before the midwives arrive."  (although I really do want my midwife in the room. :))

Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard you hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."

Psalm 127:3-5 "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him.  Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.  Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."

Isaiah 43:1 "I have called thee by they name; thou art mine."

Psalm 139:5 "You both precede and follow me, and place your hand of blessing on my head as I go."

Job 10:11-12 "You gave me skin and flesh and knit together bones and sinews.  You gave me life and were so kind and loving to me, and I was preserved by your care."

Isaiah 44:3-5 "I will pour out my spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants; and they will spring up among the grass like poplars by streams of water.  This one will say, "I am the Lord's" and that one will call on the name of Jacob and another will write on his hand, belonging to the Lord."

Numbers 14:24 "...Because my servant Caleb has a different spirit and follows Me wholeheartedly, I will bring him into the land he went into, and his descendants will inherit it."


Numbers 32:12 "Not one except Caleb and Joshua because they followed the Lord wholeheartedly."

Deuteronomy 1:36 "...except Caleb...He will see it, and I will give him and his descendants the land he set his feet on, because he followed the Lord wholeheartedly."

Thank you wonderful women...there were more, but they are in cards in the other room.  I can't wait to read these over the boys as they grow.  God is so good.  Our cup overflows.

Be Blessed,

Becs & the boys...

2 comments:

Coleson & Tate said...

Fun! What treasures to have... I'd post them around your house! (or maybe that wont work so well with it being on the mark ;) )

Kim said...

Great verses! I love reading your blogs...you always make me smile. Glad you were showered with gifts and scripture! You are a jem, my dear, and obviously people see it! Love you!