Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 3 of 30... A Surprise Party!!!

Saturday we rolled out of bed and Bryant was insistent that we head into town on our bikes, so I geared up, loaded the boys into the chariot and we went on our merry ways.  It was a nice ride, but there was a lot of extra traffic on the normally calm Owl Creek Road due to the weekend concert festival in Snowmass.

Once we got into town, he rushed me to my favorite hideaway in Aspen... Autumn in Aspen, Nature Spa!!!  I have been going to see Autumn for over four years now.  She is not only and incredible massage therapist, waxologist, etc etc... she has also become a dear friend, and is the one who encouraged me celebrate 30 days of being 30.  He purchased a massage/facial for me, took the boys and left me in the very talented hands of Autumn.  I was a very happy, and very relaxed mama!  It was an amazing way to start the day.

We spent the rest of the afternoon walking around Aspen.  I convinced the baristas at our local Starbucks to sell me a Pumpkin Spice Latte on the 3rd even though they weren't supposed to sell it until the 6th!  I gave them my puppy eyes and told them it was my birthday and they were selling it on my birthday last year, and they had sympathy and swore me to secrecy!  It was delicious and worth the pout!  (I am only telling now because they are able to sell it today!)

We got home that afternoon and the plan was to go back to Trev and Amy's for PW lasagna for my actual birthday dinner.  Once we got to the top of their hill, Bryant says "hey Ben (Kelly's husband), I want to show you those huge bucks I was telling you about in this field."  So, we drove down this long dirt road and into a driveway, where I finally clued in and noticed a bunch of cars I recognized and saw my friends under a big party tent waiting for me!  I was totally surprised!  I had no idea who owned the house we were at, but it turns out it was a friend of Amy Jo's and they had been conspiring for quite a while to pull this all off.  The evening was perfect!  The tent felt like the party scene on Hope Floats with white lights and hay bails.  Perfection!

My husband, Amy Jo, Trevor and Kelly did an awesome job pulling everything together and keeping it all a secret!  I am so thankful for them.  It was the perfect way to spend day 3.

No comments: