Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 9 of 30...Stay up past my bed time

Bryant went out of town to go hunting (he didn't shoot anything, not even a cow) and I did, well, nothing too exciting if you happen to be a single 20 something, but for this 30 year old mom of two who has gone to bed at or around 9:00 for the past 2.5 years, I went to bed around 10, and stayed up watching movies on my laptop, then read about 100 blogs I hadn't read in ages and went to bed in the wee hours of the night wondering when a little blonde baby boy would wake me up for his nightly snack...but, he also celebrated day 9 and slept straight through the night until 7:30 Saturday morning (wow, I wonder if Mrs. McCarty would have given me an "F" for that informative, but run on sentence?).

Happy birthday to me! It hasn't happened since then and since he is around 25th percentile for his weight I don't want to force him to stop is mid-night feeding, so for now, it continues.  And, I haven't slept through a solid night in recent memory (years) and I really doubt I will for the next 20+ years, so I am not sad/frustrated/in denial about it.  Frankly I secretly enjoy the quiet mid-night cuddles I get while sitting in my closet (Caleb's current bedroom), especially since I usually have a crazy toddler wanting attention during the mid day feedings.  Oh the joys!!!

No comments: