Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Back in Snowy Aspen


Last week, Bryant and I travelled to Myrtle Beach to spend some time with his family and check on our place. It was the first time I have seen our house at the beach, and I was pleasantly surprised. We had to fire our property management company in the fall, and no one has been checking on the house regularly since then. It made it through hurricane season with very minor damage and the interior was in much better shape than I thought it would be after being rented out all summer.

It was great to see Bryant's family and spend time with them. We rented cruiser bikes and were able to enjoy the beach despite it being unseasonably cold. We also went to an amazing lighting display at Brook Green Garden near our house.

As usual, no matter where we are, it is always so nice to come home. Our flights were right on schedule and despite a major storm blowing through Denver and Aspen, we made it home without a hitch. We were not only welcomed by several new feet of snow, but lovely decorations outside our house.

We got totally punked by my brother Trevor and his crew. Bryant is a minimalist when it comes to Christmas decor, and I happened to mention that to Trevor before we left. As we drove up to our house Sunday night after travelling all day, I said, "Wow, our neighbors went all out! Oh no! That is our house!" We pulled in to be greeted by an illuminated waiving penguin, awful wrapping paper covering our front door, redneck tinsel garland hanging from our lattice, and a huge sign out back, that you can see from the highway that says "Go Santa!" Oh my word. I was mortified. Several of my colleagues drive by our house on their way to work, including my boss. Thankfully, I confirmed that no one noticed from work.

Our munchkin is moving like crazy and did great on the trip. He is getting bigger and bigger. More and more people on the street are finally asking me if I am pregnant.

We are so crazy this week with Christmas festivities. We have parties Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday we go to the Nutcracker. My parents get into town Saturday morning, and I can't wait to see them!

We are still getting a huge dumping of snow. Today we are supposed to get another 8-14 inches in Aspen. The girls in the office are skiing right now, and I so want to be out there with them. Hopefully I can break away for a top to bottom run on Aspen tomorrow.

Our Christmas cards are late being delivered, and I am really hoping the make it to you before Christmas! I have all of the envelopes addressed, stamped and waiting to go.

I have uploaded a lot of pictures on Facebook from our trip and several other occasions.

Becca

No comments: